From September 2014 all children in our school became entitled to a free school lunch, as part of the Government scheme to provide lunches to children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Previously only some children from lower income families were entitled to free school meals, and this is still the case for children in Key Stage Two.
However, some children will be entitled to Pupil Premium. This is Government funding for schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. Once a child has become eligible for Pupil Premium funding, this continues for six years after eligibility ceases, so even if you meet the criteria now and then your circumstances change next year and you are no longer eligible, the funding will continue for a further six years.
If your child receives Pupil Premium funding they are entitled to:
- Free school milk
- Fully funded school trips and residential visits
- A funded place at a school club (eg Lego, recorders, martial arts)
- A school book bag
- School sweatshirts (up to three during each school year)
At Signhills Infant Academy we use the Pupil Premium in a number of ways. Some examples are:
- Support for children in class and in small groups
- Additional pastoral support
- Opportunities to attend additional enrichment and learning activities and visits
Your child may be entitled to Pupil Premium if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who are ‘Looked After’ by the Local Authority or who have been adopted from care are also entitled to Pupil Premium. Please speak to Mrs Majer or Mrs Whitham if this is the case.
There is also additional funding available to children of Services personnel. Further information is available from the School Office.
Should you require any further information regarding Pupil Premium, please arrange to speak to either Mrs Majer or Mrs Whitham.
To check your eligibility for Pupil Premium (and free school meals), please follow the link below.
Link: Pupil Premium Checker